How will you be spending your weekend? With our shop open 7 days it means no rest for the wicked on the weekend. In fact it means overtime baking, slicing, packing, selling, driving, serving, counting, and a whole lot of happy customers!
Our store at Fairfield Waters is open 6.30- 4 on Saturday and is a great day for getting your favourite Specialty Breads (We will also be at North Shore Markets from 6-11) For example we have;
- Orange, Vinefruit & Pepita- a 30% Rye, 70% White dough with whole orange pulped through it, fruit off the vine and pumpkin seeds. Not an overly sweet loaf but great if you love fruit.
- Roggenbrot- our 50% Rye loaf is a favourite on the weekend. With Rye being so good for you everybody is starting to jump on it. It is more dense than other loaves, has great flavour and is more filling. A very unique loaf but once you try it you will love it.
- 100% Rye- this one is not for newcomers to Rye. A dense 1.2kg loaf the people that love it cannot get enough of it. It has so many nutritious values as it is; DAIRY FREE & YEAST FREE.
- Fig & Aniseed- Another new combination the baking team have come up with. The first question customers ask is- how strong is the aniseed? Too many experiences with Sambuca perhaps! Regardless the taste is not overpowering it compliments the Fig well and customers keep coming back for more.
- Cornbread- Made on Polenta, Milk & Sugar it is just about our only loaf with sugar in it. Whilst it has a sweetness to it, it is not over the top and this loaf can be made both savoury or sweet depending on what you put on it. That's not to say you can't eat it on its own though! Our American customers love this loaf and so will you during the Winter months.
- Brioche- Yummm! Who doesn't love a bread that is almost a cake? With lots of egg and butter this bread is great with your favourite jam. It is also great with eggs and bacon for breakfast. We have even had a very creative customer use it to make a chocolate and coffee bread and butter pudding!
- Spelt- With My Kitchen Rules using so much Spelt Flour on the show we have found a lot of interest in Spelt of late. As you may know we had Spelt hot cross buns which were a hit. We have trialed a Spelt sourdough - also a big hit and our Spelt loaf continues to be popular with many people putting in orders. Lower in gluten, higher in protein this loaf is great for people with slight intolerance or who just want a healthier alternative to white bread.
- Sourdough- We continue to do our sourdough range regularly for the customers that are hooked on it! We use a traditional process to bring to you your beloved sourdough. We will do a blog soon to tell you exactly what goes into sourdough. You will find yourself well educated and perhaps less likely to try any alternative sourdoughs from other stores- for example the well advertised mass produced loaves from supermarkets. Our sourdoughs come in; traditional batards, baguettes and rolls and the olive sourdough batard and baguette.
- Turkish bread and Ciabatta will still be on offer over the weekend and are great for entertaining when put together with other fresh produce from The Precinct!
Sunday trading is 6.30- 2.30 (We will also be at Cotter's Markets 7-1) and we have some alternatives to the breads just mentioned, we have;
- Walnut Sourdough- a beautiful loaf with plenty of walnuts, this one is delicious on its own and great for customers looking for a 'nutty' bread.
- Honey & Wholewheat- Not as sweet as you would think but the wholewheat with honey makes this one taste healthy and hearty!